Sunday, March 20

Note to Michele: Caribbean Rice and Pigeon Peas

Michele,

How's the weather in Portland, Oregon? It's officially Spring in the Northern Hemisphere, but Maine still has some snow on the ground and more snow due tomorrow. I'll plant peas as soon as I can work the ground. I already have a packet of sweet peas, though I'd like to also try growing the pigeon peas that your mother mentioned. I know she said they grow well in Trinidad, but do you know if they will also grow in cool climates?


I found this demonstration of cooking Caribbean Rice and Peas. We'll have to ask your mother for her personal recipe, too. 
 ~ Caroline

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...