Tuesday, March 22

Reply to Michele: Pigeon Peas and Maple Trees


Your mom was right. I had to hunt, but I found canned Pigeon Peas at a grocery store in Somersworth, NH, which is right on the Maine/NH border. I bought three cans for 99 cents each.  Thanks for the smoothie recipe. That sounds delicious.

We checked our maple buckets and found they are nearly full already. My daughter was thrilled to see all that sap. She asked if it hurts the trees. I explained it will heal over just like the cuts we get. My dad is borrowing some equipment to boil down the sap. It needs to be done outdoors. I'll keep you posted!

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...