Saturday, May 7

Progress at my Portland Community Garden






I spent some time yesterday at my garden and took a few photos. Photos are numbered from the bottom up. Photo 1 is some kind of Berry Bush next to my plot. Photo 2 is a my Chard that was over wintered. I think it is ready to eat. Photo 3 is over wintered Kale. It is going to seed now. Photo 4 is my neighbors cover crop and photo 5 is the Rosemary in shared area of the garden.

Overall the seed starts are emerging, but very slowly. I planted the Breakfast Radishes and Egyptian Onions that that Caroline sent me. Other seeds I planted included Cucumbers and Bells of Ireland flowers.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...