Thursday, June 23

Michele's Gardening Day Book-June 24th

Outside my window..... I can see the branches of a birch tree dancing in the wind.
I am planning.....to pull weeds in the shared area of our community garden.
I am harvesting.....Lettuce & Peas.
I am reading...the new "Terrarium Craft Book" by Amy Bryant Aiello & Kate Bryant. Love it!
One of my favorite garden things.... Making a big pile of weeds
Creatures I saw in my garden this week were.....I saw small spiders crawling around on the ground of my garden. Don't suppose they eat slugs do they?
Projects for the rest of the week....plant the Cherokee Tomato that is sitting on my porch.
What I would do differently next year.... Wait it out in regard to sowing seeds too early.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...