Wednesday, June 1

Caroline's Garden Daybook

Outside my window..... the grass is growing longer.

I am planning..... to plant a Three Sisters Garden, to finish sowing seeds, plant a pumpkin patch.

I am harvesting.....chives and baby lettuce.

I am reading.....Onward and Upward in the Garden by Katherine S. White

My favorite garden quote this week is.....
"After all, Eden was garden... the garden is a place to go for quiet contemplation, a source not only of food but also of spiritual renewal and intimate contact with life's most basic processes."  ~Ed Smith; The Vegetable Gardener's Bible

One of my favorite garden things.....eating peas straight from the vine

Creatures I saw in my garden this week were.....a snake and a nesting bird.

To-dos for the rest of the week.....plant, weed and mulch.
 
Here is a garden picture I am sharing with you.... 

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...