Saturday, June 11

Portland Community Garden Update June

Here is an June update of my Portland Community Garden. Here is what everyone is up to.




Lettuce and peas. This is turning out to be a great combo as the peas are growing over the lettuce and providing protection from the hungry snails that have gobbled up my other lettuce
Overall view of part of the shared area of the community garden.

Another view of the garden. In the background you can see the school that the garden is attached to.

My neighbors strawberry patch. She seems to really know what she is doing.

We have a few perennials at the garden, but most of the planting beds are devoted to vegetables.


A pretty bunch of chives at the garden.



I think these are the onions that Caroline is growing in her garden.


I think these are buttercups. They are growing in a pathway.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...