Saturday, July 9

Michele's Garden Day Book-July 8th


Outside my window..... I can see the mint in my container taking over the whole pot
I am planning.....to sow more carrots and radish
I am harvesting....more lettuce and last of peas
One of my favorite garden things.... watering the beds. For some reason I really like to do that
Creatures I saw in my garden this week were.....a hummingbird. They have green ones here
Projects for the rest of the week....they delivered compost for us at the community garden. I want to add some to existing beds and make some new beds for my squash and melons
What I would do differently next year....sharpen my gardening tools

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...