Monday, May 7

Note to Caroline: Garden Visitors

Hi there. I visited the community garden this morning only to find several of these mushrooms all over the straw that I placed over the seed potatoes that I planted last week. They are all over the place. I also spotted them in other plots.


A few beds over I found another visitor who is in love with my rhubarb leaves. I guess the leaves are only toxic to us humans.


Here is one of the early squash plant starts that a neighbor gave me. Again another visitor found them irresistible.Good thing I have a few packets of squash seeds that I can sow.

Do you have any problems with pests yet?

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...