Tuesday, September 4

Reply to Caroline: Harvest Photo

Here are a few photos of my last harvest. I have been closing down my plot for the season. It does seem like summer is in full swing ,but I know that if I don't get started I will have tons to do. This year I am sticking with crimson clover as a cover crop. I want something easy to pull out by hand. I had the same problem as you did with yield this year.Last year I had three times what I needed and was able to share my harvests with two other friends. This year I hardly had enough harvest to feed myself but a couple meals. Yet the actual plant looked very healthy when they were growing. I think it may be a sign for me that I need to pay more attention to the soil.


What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...