Sunday, June 14

What I had for dinner tonight-Quinoa and Peas


I am trying to  harvest and cook in the same day. Something that has always been a challenge for me. I should add that I am also an amateur in the kitchen. So I will be cooking with simple recipes and will be posting what  I am cooking, as sort of as a challenge to myself.

Tonight I sauteed fresh peas. I used about 1 tablespoons of butter and heated that up in a saucepan along with onions and garlic from the garden. I added the peas, strings removed, and cooked them for 10 minutes. They were cooked, but sill crunchy.

Before I started the peas, I cooked the quinoa substituting chicken stock for the water, in rice cooker for about 20 minutes. It was delicious.

Michele

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...