Tuesday, August 14

My Little Greenhouse

This little greenhouse has served me well.


 I've used it for starting seeds in the spring, and putting out plants before the first frost. I've used it to extend my growing season. One year I grew tomatoes in it.  This year, I am using it for some of my container plants to get a break from all the excess rain we've had. I'm hoping my peppers might blossom and produce some more before the season is out, since the rain caused many to rot on the vine. In the greenhouse, I can control the amount of water the plants get.


It's easy to put together. I do take it down each winter. If left out in the cold all winter, the plastic will deteriorate and tear.


It's also light weight and easy to move around. I have had it in a number of locations over the years.


The best location I have found is on a deck for a good foundation, but I've also set it on the grass and on a stone patio. This little greenhouse has served me well.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...