I still have some tomatoes in my little greenhouse, though they are slowing down. The nights are getting cooler but the greenhouse extends the season a little.
These tomatoes are ripening. I have a lot of green tomatoes I hope will turn red. We'll see. This is a bit of an experiment. So far the greenhouse tomatoes have fared much better than the garden plants, particularly in the way of pests. I had fewer problems all around with the greenhouse plants.
These tomatoes have been grown in containers since I started them from seed late winter.
I also have these small delphiniums I started from seed which I will transplant into the garden.
Soon I will post an update on the big greenhouse which has caused a lot of drama.....more on that in a future post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens
There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...
-
The Catalpa Tree is producing the long seed pods for which is it known. They look like long beans. Right now they are green, but will turn b...
-
Kennebunkport, Maine has many beautiful gardens. One we visit often is St. Anthony's Franciscan Monastery. It tops the list of my favori...
No comments:
Post a Comment