Monday, May 6

Introducing Pansy the Cat

Some of my fondest gardening memories are of my cats following me through the garden, watching me weed, chasing grasshoppers, dashing up tree trunks, and especially clowning around as I rake leaves. I've shared countless cat pictures over the years on Sprouts.


This is my newest cat appropriately named "Pansy" I hope she will spend many happy years in my garden, as all my cats have. Here she is pictured when we first brought her home from the shelter at 10 weeks old:


Now she's bigger. She loves "Cat TV"


and watching squirrels on the other side of the window...

She's nearly full grown now and ready to accompany me and my other cat, Chloe, into the garden this summer. 




What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...