In my last post, I shared the story behind the Josie Prescott Memorial Garden and the two sisters whose generosity helped create this beautiful public space. Today, put history behind us for a little while and simply enjoy a walk through the garden.
One of my favorite things about visiting gardens is that every one has its own personality. Some gardens feel wild and overflowing, while others invite you to slow down and notice the details. The Josie Prescott Memorial Garden has a wonderful sense of order and calm, with its formal design, brick pathways, carefully arranged beds, and peaceful corners that encourage you to stop and take it all in.
I have to admit that I didn't make a list of every plant I photographed. Sometimes when I'm visiting a garden, I get so caught up in the colors, textures, and little details that I forget to write everything down. Instead, I find myself simply enjoying the experience and trying to capture the feeling of the garden through my camera.
So consider this a leisurely stroll rather than a botanical tour. Some flowers I recognized right away, while others were new to me. If you know the name of any, feel free to leave a comment. Gardeners are always learning from one another, and I know our readers often have wonderful knowledge to share.
What struck me most about this garden was the way the formal design worked together with the abundance of flowers. The paths and structure give the garden a sense of elegance, but the colorful plantings keep it warm and welcoming. It feels less like a garden meant only for admiration and more like a garden meant to be enjoyed.
I especially loved the little moments: a bloom tucked beside a pathway, a combination of colors I might never have thought to put together, and the way the garden changes depending on where you stand. A few steps in another direction can give you an entirely new view.
I took so many photographs during my visit that I couldn't fit them all into one post. In the next part of our visit to the Josie Prescott Memorial Garden, we'll take one more look at the flowers and details that made this garden such a delight to explore.
I'll end today with this photo of pink Hollyhocks that I found particularly charming.
No comments:
Post a Comment