Monday, May 7

Note to Caroline: Garden Visitors

Hi there. I visited the community garden this morning only to find several of these mushrooms all over the straw that I placed over the seed potatoes that I planted last week. They are all over the place. I also spotted them in other plots.


A few beds over I found another visitor who is in love with my rhubarb leaves. I guess the leaves are only toxic to us humans.


Here is one of the early squash plant starts that a neighbor gave me. Again another visitor found them irresistible.Good thing I have a few packets of squash seeds that I can sow.

Do you have any problems with pests yet?

1 comment:

Susan said...

We've got mice. They eat and eat - ugh!

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...