Sunday, August 11

August in Caroline's Flower Garden

My garden is in full bloom in mid-August. All these blossoms have been attracting plenty of bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. The milkweed is being devoured by monarch butterfly caterpillars which is so encouraging after a few years of no monarch caterpillars in my garden. Hopefully, I will be able to photograph some for Sprouts readers as well as a chrysalis and mature butterflies over the next few weeks. For now, this is what is blooming in my Maine flower garden.

Morning Glory
A lily I forgot I planted! It's a beauty!
                                                                      Red Day Lilies
                                                            Double Orange Daylilies
                                                                         Rudbeckia
                                                                              Phlox
                                                                             Geraniums
Boneset


What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...