It was a cold and blustery April day, but the crowds still arrived for Eco-Day at the Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farm in Wells, Maine. We explored the booths, Farmer's Market, and saw a baby pig, goat, bunnies and chickens. Best of all, a multitude of amazing kites took advantage of the strong wind.
We were given some French Breakfast Radish seeds. I'm curious about the name of these radishes-does anyone know why they are called Breakfast Radishes? I did a little research but couldn't find the origin of the name. I learned they have been cultivated since the 18th century, have a mild flavor, and grow 3-4 inches. I'm going to plant some tomorrow and send Michele some to try in her garden, too. Anyone interested in ordering some French Breakfast Radish seeds click here.
Laudholm Farm is a wonderful place to hike and enjoy wildlife. For more information visit http://www.wellsreserve.org/.
Saturday, April 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens
There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...
-
The Catalpa Tree is producing the long seed pods for which is it known. They look like long beans. Right now they are green, but will turn b...
-
Kennebunkport, Maine has many beautiful gardens. One we visit often is St. Anthony's Franciscan Monastery. It tops the list of my favori...
No comments:
Post a Comment