Monday, November 7

Note to Caroline:November Portland Community Garden Update

I went to the garden today to check on my cover crop of Rye & Clover. Nothing new to report on that subject other than the seeds have sprouted and look like tiny blades of grass. I don't have much to do now other than planning next year's garden. I can't wait for the seed catalogs to arrive.
I took a this photo of moss on a stone wall around the garden because I know how much you love it. I hate moss. It is all over the place in Portland, walls, houses, trees and even the pavement.
Here is a photo of Ivy that is invasive here and most parts of the country. It is also a good example of how everything remains green here all year.
Guess what? I have more flowers. I pulled these out a few months ago, but they self-seeded.
The Parsley still is going strong and I continue to harvest it weekly.
The Chives are still doing good too!
 Cosmos still in bloom

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...