Thursday, September 6

Vegan Breakfast Scramble Recipe

This Vegan Breakfast Scramble was a hit with my daughter, who is a newbie vegan. I've been learning to cook plant based recipes for her.


For this I used the following ingredients

Morinaga Silken Extra Firm Tofu (6 oz)
3 Unpeeled precooked Red Potatoes
1/2 cup Red pepper
1/4 cup White onion
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp. Turmeric
1/4 tsp. Seasoned salt
1 tablespoon Coconut oil

It was super easy. I stir fried the cut vegetables in coconut oil for about five minutes. I used a cast iron pan which adds extra iron to food.

In a separate bowl, I chopped the tofu with my manual chopper. Then, I added turmeric and seasoned salt to flavor the tofu and give it a color similar to scrambled eggs. I let it sit while the veggies cooked.

Once the veggies were done, I mixed in the tofu and sprinkled with dried cranberries. I removed the pan from the burner, covered it and let stand for three minutes so the cranberries and tofu would warm up.

I served with applesauce. My daughter loved this recipe. She said the tofu tasted like scrambled eggs.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...