Friday, June 5

Tomato Plants in the Greenhouse

Back in March, I started a twenty cent package of tomato seeds indoors.
Once it was warm enough, I moved them to the little greenhouse.
I'm testing out growing a few plants in this fish box. I've also put in a little basil and oregano. I've been fertilizing with seaweed tea.
 I have fifteen plants which I'll be transplanting soon. I can't wait to see how much yield I will get from a twenty cent package of seeds. I've never raised tomatoes from seed before, other than volunteers which seeded in, so I'm eager to watch how this year's tomato crop grows.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...