Tuesday, August 2

Note to Michele: What is Eating My Eggplant?

Hi Michele,

I want to show you what I discovered in my garden today. Little tiny eggplants. I was so happy to see these forming, but then, I took a closer look to find every baby eggplant had a hole bored into it. Take a look:
It looks like a bullet hole in each baby eggplant. I asked my resident master gardener, he said he thought some kind of borer and will try to find out more from the extension service. Do you have any ideas?

Below is my patch of Strawberry Spinach. So far no berries like yours.
I bought another bale of Salt Marsh Hay today to put more mulch on the garden at home.

So that's the update from my garden. How are things going at yours?

~Caroline

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...