Tuesday, October 11

Note to Michele: The Last of the Harvest

Hi Michele,

The last of the produce has been gathered in. We had a frost this week, so it was time to collect anything tender. Just a few hardy greens remain in my gardens and time for clean up and preparing the beds for winter is at hand.
I harvested herbs: lemon balm, mints, sage, chives, and others...
loads of green tomatoes and peppers. I chopped, blanched and froze peppers to use in recipes this winter.
I used my dehydrator for some herbs and hot peppers...
and here is my Dad's butternut squash. His did quite well, mine didn't (I have one tiny squash not quite fit for much of anything) He said I could have one of his to make the butternut squash soup.

What's left in your garden?

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...