Wednesday, January 30

Note to Caroline: 2013 Garden Plans

Hi Caroline as you know late fall I had to move my business to another location and moved into another apartment only a few weeks apart. I gave up my community garden plot late fall because I was having trouble going back and forth with my busy schedule. I am excited though because finally I have an apartment with a small yard. I just got word back from my landlords that I can add a border which I plan to use to plant the vegetable garden.


I also have a large patio that I plan to use for container gardening. What do you think about those gallon plastic containers? My budget is limited so I might have to use them. I found a blog where they painted the containers and they look very pretty. The photo and information for the blog are below.

Here is a side view of my apartment steps. I am thinking of adding pots here too on the retainer wall. Any suggestions? I was thinking of window boxes of low growing herbs.


As you can see I have a area of grass.If it were my yard I would get rid of the grass and perhaps put in raised beds.

I
Here is RC and another view of the other side of the patio. I am also thinking about a theme garden for the patio. Themes I have in mind are a Caribbean or Spanish garden. I would like to purchase a set of patio furniture perhaps from Goodwill so I can spray paint it bright colors. I have a wall fountain that I had at my business that I will be setting up late spring.


Here is a photo of the painted buckets from the California Pixie Blog
Didn't she do a great job? Not sure I have the patience to complete a project like this. I know we have to get our 2013 Seed list soon.

No comments:

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...