Monday, August 11

Wildflower Identification: Evening Primrose?

I noticed this pretty wildflower while walking my dog tonight. Since I didn't recognize it, I did a little research when I got home but still not certain what it is. Could it be Evening Primrose?
 It looks similar to the photos I found but not exactly the same. If any of our readers know what type of wild flower this is, please do tell us in the comments.
Here's a good wildflower website that has a wildflower identification tool. According to the tool, the closest thing to this flower is Evening Primrose (but still not totally convinced)

Check out the My Wildflowers website here.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...