Sunday, April 15

Note to Caroline: First Seed Sowing Day

It is a late start here this year due to heavy spring rain and cool weather. Today was in the 60's so I took the opportunity to sow some seeds.





In bed one I sowed the following: Evergreen Hardy White Bunching Onion, Saxa II Radish, Miner's Lettuce, Arugula and Parisienne Carrot. In bed two  I sowed the following: Bull's Blood Beets, Oregon Sugar Pod II Peas and Sugar Ann Snow Peas. Not sure that peas and beets make such a great combination? What do you think?

Tomorrow I hope to plant my Potatoes and Strawberries. I saw my garden neighbor today
and she is going to send her Strawberry runners my way. We also discussed the possibility of putting
up a compost bin we can share.

No comments:

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...