Sunday, April 15

Note to Caroline: First Seed Sowing Day

It is a late start here this year due to heavy spring rain and cool weather. Today was in the 60's so I took the opportunity to sow some seeds.





In bed one I sowed the following: Evergreen Hardy White Bunching Onion, Saxa II Radish, Miner's Lettuce, Arugula and Parisienne Carrot. In bed two  I sowed the following: Bull's Blood Beets, Oregon Sugar Pod II Peas and Sugar Ann Snow Peas. Not sure that peas and beets make such a great combination? What do you think?

Tomorrow I hope to plant my Potatoes and Strawberries. I saw my garden neighbor today
and she is going to send her Strawberry runners my way. We also discussed the possibility of putting
up a compost bin we can share.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...