Sunday, March 31

Easter Planting-Portland, OR notes

Happy Easter Caroline! What an Easter we had this year with the high being 77. I can't ever remember it being so warm this early, but there is a good chance we will drop back down to our usual 50's.


With the warm weekend all the seeds I have planted so far are emerging. The photo above is "Buttercrunch" lettuce. Some left over seed from last year I planted in a plastic utility tub.


I did get to plant the ever bearing strawberries that I told you about.


Here are some tulips in my yard enjoying the sun!


Here are some seed potatoes I saved from last year. I found a simple video that I watched before planting them.Last year I planted them the "no dig" way and that did not do too well for me.


A view of the potatoes in the tub. I covered them with 2 inches of soil and will continue to
top things off.


RC watching everything I was doing. I am waiting for some
herbs I ordered from the Cooks Catalog. I am hoping it will be a  hotter than usual this summer. If so it will finally be a good year for squash and tomatoes.

1 comment:

daisy g said...

Great tutorial on the video! We just finished planting some potatoes this morning. Didn't even know you could grow them in a pot. I think I'll try that next time!

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...