Sunday, March 31

Easter Planting-Portland, OR notes

Happy Easter Caroline! What an Easter we had this year with the high being 77. I can't ever remember it being so warm this early, but there is a good chance we will drop back down to our usual 50's.


With the warm weekend all the seeds I have planted so far are emerging. The photo above is "Buttercrunch" lettuce. Some left over seed from last year I planted in a plastic utility tub.


I did get to plant the ever bearing strawberries that I told you about.


Here are some tulips in my yard enjoying the sun!


Here are some seed potatoes I saved from last year. I found a simple video that I watched before planting them.Last year I planted them the "no dig" way and that did not do too well for me.


A view of the potatoes in the tub. I covered them with 2 inches of soil and will continue to
top things off.


RC watching everything I was doing. I am waiting for some
herbs I ordered from the Cooks Catalog. I am hoping it will be a  hotter than usual this summer. If so it will finally be a good year for squash and tomatoes.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...