Wednesday, March 13

First Signs of Spring in Portland,OR?


Well,maybe? Dear Caroline we had another day in the 60's today so I was able to
spend my first day on my Patio Garden Project now that the Community Raised Bed is planted.
Pictured below is one of the aqua colored utility bins I will be using. I must admit it is not the prettiest sight, but holds 25 gallons of soil which I purchased today for $10 and the tub cost me $6.
I was able to sow peas, carrots, lettuce and chard seeds.


I bought six pansy plants for $6 today just to fill my planters and for an instant splash
of Spring.


I wanted to show you one of my aloe plants that have been outside all year.

Here is a climbing rose. The roses are budding here and with Portland being
"The City of Roses", there are roses everywhere.


Below is a path behind the property. The fence belongs to my neighbor that has four mountain goats.
In a pinch do you think I could grow pumpkins or cucumbers back there? I can't grow anything too tall because the goats will just eat it through the fence.

No comments:

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...