Michele,
How's the weather in Portland, Oregon? It's officially Spring in the Northern Hemisphere, but Maine still has some snow on the ground and more snow due tomorrow. I'll plant peas as soon as I can work the ground. I already have a packet of sweet peas, though I'd like to also try growing the pigeon peas that your mother mentioned. I know she said they grow well in Trinidad, but do you know if they will also grow in cool climates?
I found this demonstration of cooking Caribbean Rice and Peas. We'll have to ask your mother for her personal recipe, too.
~ Caroline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Final Look at the Josie Prescott Memorial Garden
In my first two posts about the Josie Prescott Memorial Garden, we learned the story behind this special place and took a leisurely walk th...
-
Road trips by nature necessitate the need for pit stops along the way. My family has taken many road trips over the years, so we've visi...
-
In my first two posts about the Josie Prescott Memorial Garden, we learned the story behind this special place and took a leisurely walk th...
No comments:
Post a Comment