Thursday, June 9

Maine Community Garden Update


We spent yesterday afternoon at the community garden mulching and giving the garden a good soaking.

The plants looked a little droopy but not as bad as I expected. I'm hoping the mulch will help and we'll add more mulch when we visit tomorrow. We did get heavy rains today which made me happy thinking of my little plants getting the water they need. At home, I'm able to water as often as necessary so the starts I've planted here are not quite so droopy looking. It will be interesting to see which do better long term- those with full sunlight with less frequent watering, or those at home with less direct sun but more daily attention.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...