Wednesday, June 8

Caroline's Garden Daybook

Outside my window..... the birds are singing
I am planning..... to enlarge my home garden by reclaiming some earth from overgrown bushes and brambles.
I am harvesting.....herbs, lettuce, onions, radishes 
I am reading.....Onward and Upward in the Garden by Katherine S. White  
My favorite garden quote this week is.....
"Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night."  ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke
One of my favorite garden things.....Spring Iris
Creatures I saw in my garden this week..... a tiny red salamander
To-dos for the rest of the week.....visit the community garden to weed and water, plant the asparagus roots and red onions.
Here is a garden picture I'm sharing with you...

1 comment:

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

Caroline I love the idea of your daybook...great garden quote too...

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...