Wednesday, June 29

Caroline's Garden Daybook

Outside my window..... the sun is setting
I am planning.....to catch up on chores this weekend
I am harvesting.....pea pods, lettuce, strawberries, herbs  
One of my favorite garden things.....  pretty window boxes
I am reading.....The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure
My favorite garden quote this week is....."I used to visit and revisit it a dozen times a day, and stand in deep contemplation over my vegetable progeny with a love that nobody could share or conceive of who had never taken part in the process of creation.  It was one of the most bewitching sights in the world to observe a hill of beans thrusting aside the soil, or a rose of early peas just peeping forth sufficiently to trace a line of delicate green."  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, Mosses from and Old Manse
Creatures I saw in my garden this week..... wild turkeys with chicks and The Raccoon
To-dos for the rest of the week.....get to the community garden to weed
Here is a garden picture I'm sharing with you...


What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...