Wednesday, June 1

Caroline's Garden Daybook

Outside my window..... the grass is growing longer.

I am planning..... to plant a Three Sisters Garden, to finish sowing seeds, plant a pumpkin patch.

I am harvesting.....chives and baby lettuce.

I am reading.....Onward and Upward in the Garden by Katherine S. White

My favorite garden quote this week is.....
"After all, Eden was garden... the garden is a place to go for quiet contemplation, a source not only of food but also of spiritual renewal and intimate contact with life's most basic processes."  ~Ed Smith; The Vegetable Gardener's Bible

One of my favorite garden things.....eating peas straight from the vine

Creatures I saw in my garden this week were.....a snake and a nesting bird.

To-dos for the rest of the week.....plant, weed and mulch.
 
Here is a garden picture I am sharing with you.... 

No comments:

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...