Monday, August 20

Daisy Fleabane North American Wildflower

This is a wildflower, a native to North America, grows all over my property. Wherever possible, I allow it to grow and spread.

 I love the tiny little daisy flowers, but also it provides food for the bees and other wildlife. Bees love it as well as other pollinators. Some animals will eat it. And I just think it's pretty. It tends to grow where it wants to, but when it's mixed in with a perennial garden, it looks so pretty. One year, it filled up my garden and grew to 4-5 feet tall. My daughter's friend commented, "Your garden is just magical!" I think Daisy Fleabane has that effect when allowed to grow unhindered.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...