Monday, August 13

Gorgeous Gardens: Carmel Mission California

I've been looking through old photos recently and found these from our trip to California in 2009. I can't believe it's been so long since we visited. This is one of my favorite gardens of all time. Peace and serenity fill this special place. 

One of the things I loved about California was the bougainvillea. I wish we could grow it in Maine, but unfortunately, that will never happen.

I remember this garden was filled with birds. There were birds nesting in the rafters of this veranda and little hummingbirds flitted among the blossoms. 

I loved all the missions we visited on that trip, but Carmel was my favorite.
I hope someday I will be able to visit Carmel Mission Gardens again. 

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...