Monday, August 13

Gorgeous Gardens: Carmel Mission California

I've been looking through old photos recently and found these from our trip to California in 2009. I can't believe it's been so long since we visited. This is one of my favorite gardens of all time. Peace and serenity fill this special place. 

One of the things I loved about California was the bougainvillea. I wish we could grow it in Maine, but unfortunately, that will never happen.

I remember this garden was filled with birds. There were birds nesting in the rafters of this veranda and little hummingbirds flitted among the blossoms. 

I loved all the missions we visited on that trip, but Carmel was my favorite.
I hope someday I will be able to visit Carmel Mission Gardens again. 

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...