Sunday, August 12

Note to Michele: Zinnias

Michele,

Here's a report on the zinnia seeds. I remember you said yours were not doing well this year. So here's a photo of my small patch. They are healthy but small for this time of year.  I planted most of this raised bed with zinnia seeds and this is all that sprouted. I'm not sure I will get any blossoms before frost but we will see. I hope at least a few blossom so I can save some seeds with the hopes that they will do better next year. This year seems to be a bust for my garden in so many ways. I mixed a little alyssum in with the seeds, which you can see just on the edge of the photo. These did well, but I didn't get it in the photo.


I'm posting some of our zinnias from past seasons, so we can enjoy their cheerful colors and have hope that next season will be better!






~ Caroline

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...