Michele,
This spot on my deck is right beside the door. Last year, I noticed a little snake basking from time to time. This spring we noticed it is back. Most days I see a snake on this rail.
I left the dry leaves because it seems to be part of the appeal of this spot. My kid and their friends always look to see if the little snake is there. Most days the snake is there, unless it's a very hot day. Sometimes the snake is under the leaf.
My daughter noticed one day the snake looked smaller. She thinks there is more than one using the spot. I have seen others around the garden, so perhaps this spot is just right for garter snakes to hang out. The snake (or snakes) don't even seem wary of us walking by and looking closely. It usually just stays where it is and doesn't seem to mind our presence. ~Caroline
The Wildflower Surprise in My Ditch: A Secret Seed Bank Awakens
If you’re a gardener, you know the sudden panic that sets in when heavy machinery rolls up to your property line. Last year, public works ca...
-
Road trips by nature necessitate the need for pit stops along the way. My family has taken many road trips over the years, so we've visi...
-
In my first two posts about the Josie Prescott Memorial Garden, we learned the story behind this special place and took a leisurely walk th...