Tuesday, August 21

Moss and Succulent Garden in a Bird Bath

On our recent trip to Vermont, we stopped for a visit to the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. I was impressed with the gardens on the property. This is just one little gem I saw in the gardens there. The container is a bird bath top, filled with moss, succulents and violas. It is placed on natural stone in a mountain top garden. I really like this idea and may try it next year in my garden.


In case you aren't familiar with the Trapp Family Lodge, it is a beautiful 2400 acre mountain top resort in Stowe Vermont owned by the famous singing Trapp family of Sound of Music Fame. The lodge is managed by Sam von Trapp, grandson of Maria and Georg von Trapp.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...