Wednesday, August 22

Flowers Around Town: Burlington, Vermont Part 1


While walking along College Street to the waterfront in Burlington Vermont, we passed these beautiful gardens. My family was more interested in finding ice cream than gardens, so I quickly snapped these pictures before I found myself lagging too far behind them. I was so impressed with these gardens. 


At the time, I didn't see any signs to identify the brick building, but have since done a little digging online. I think these are College and Battery Luxury Condos. I wasn't all that interested in the building, but the gardens were amazing. 


A wrought iron fence enclosed the entire garden.


They reminded me of English garden style, planted on a narrow terraced strip of land between the street and the building. It's difficult to tell from the photo, but the garden runs up a hill. 


Stay tuned for more lovely gardens I saw in Vermont.

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...