Friday, August 17

My Phlox is Blooming


I always look forward to this plant blooming near the end of each summer. This was one of the first plants I put in the ground at this house decades ago. It was a clump from my mother's garden. Every summer it perfumes the air with the most lovely smell. I have some growing under my living room window, so I like to open the windows at night and let the perfume in. This is a cultivated phlox. I also have the wild phlox that has volunteered and blooms in the spring, but this one is very special to me.


I also noticed this phlox, which is a different shade of pink than most of my phlox. This is the frist year I have noticed this pink with white color. I like it!

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...