Sunday, June 19

Michele's Garden Day Book June 19th





Outside my window..... I can see the Hookah Bar next door through the tree branches from my third floor flat in an old Victorian house
I am planning..... to organise summer work parties at my community garden
I am harvesting.....Radish and Oregano
I am reading...to be honest with my new volunteer position as garden manager and increased work at my business I have not been reading as much as I usually do
One of my favorite garden things.....Flowers of all types. Right now my stock is flowering
Creatures I saw in my garden this week were.....Slugs of many colors
To-dos for the rest of the week....Thin the Chard and Rhubarb
What I would do differently next year.... Cover crop in the fall and winter to avoid so much Spring weeding

















What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...