Tuesday, May 24

Caroline's Garden Daybook

Outside my window..... thunderstorms rumble.
I am planning..... to finish the weeding this week and get to work on my community plot before the weekend.
I am harvesting.....some herbs- cilantro, mint, lemon balm, oregano, sage.
I am reading.....Herb Companion back issues
My favorite garden quote this week is....."In my garden there is a large place for sentiment.  My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams.  The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful."~Abram L. Urban
One of my favorite garden things.....is the smell of Lilacs.
Creatures I saw in my garden this week were.....worms and bumblebees
To-dos for the rest of the week.....weed and weed some more; start more seeds, fix bean tipi.
Here is a garden picture I am sharing with you.... 

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...