Yesterday, my family spent the day in Salem, Massachusetts. Salem is best known for witch-y things but it's also a beautiful New England town rich in history. While walking around town I snapped photos of some pretty spring flowers. This bike always has a lovely arrangement growing from the basket. Today, pansies seem to be the flower of choice.
Salem shop owners are creative with their flowers. I love the cone shaped hanging basket. This was one of several suspended from an overhang in a shopping area.
Flowering trees and shrubs are in bloom. Lilacs are flowering all over New England right now. Not so sure what the other white blossomed tree is, but I thought it was beautiful against the pink house.
Monday, May 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Scenes from the Topsfield Fair: Bonsai
I was most impressed with this bonsai I saw at the Topsfield Fair- it’s Bittersweet! I have an ongoing battle eradicating this from my prope...
-
If you’re a gardener, you know the sudden panic that sets in when heavy machinery rolls up to your property line. Last year, public works ca...
-
While these photos aren’t garden related I imagine some Sprouts viewers will appreciate seeing all the wonderful animals at the fair. It al...
No comments:
Post a Comment