Wednesday, July 13

Caroline's Garden Daybook

Outside my window..... it is a dark and stormy night
What's blooming... Milkweed (the fragrance is heavenly) Day Lilies, Bee Balm, Sweet William
I am harvesting.....peas, greens, radishes, herbs, onions
One of my favorite garden things..... butterflies
I am reading.....A Little House Traveler: Writings from Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Journeys Across America by Laura Ingalls Wilder
My favorite garden quote this week is....."Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
Creatures I saw in my garden this week..... dragonflies and butterflies
To-dos for the rest of the week.....weed
Here is a garden picture I'm sharing with you...

What to do when it is just too Darn hot to Garden?

It has been a very hot summer everywhere. From what I have been told it is normal to get 100 plus days from the months here from  May to Oct...