Friday, July 1

Note to Caroline-Knitted Pole Warmers?


Pole warmers is the name I am giving to the knitted covers that I have been finding around my NE Portland neighborhood. They are mostly on street signs, but recently I saw one on a tree. Thought you might find the photos interesting. Some of my friends have been telling me this is a sort of graffiti knitting movement. I have heard of graffiti gardening but didn't know there was a knitting movement too. I need to post some videos on the gardening movement soon.

2 comments:

Michele said...

This is part of a yarn bombing movement. Visit this link for more information.
http://www.purlgurls.blogspot.com

suburban veg gardener said...

Fabulous! There was a bench on our local park last year with a big knitted SMILE! wrap on it for months. Used to brighten up my day every time I saw it.

A few more beautiful moments from Longwood Gardens

There were simply too many beautiful gardens, flowers, and little details at Longwood Gardens to fit into just one post. Before moving on to...